Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One easy to use tool

If you're trying to stop or ease up on your self injury this is one quick, cheap, and easy to use tool. I don't know how many times I've been told by doctors to snap a rubber band on my wrist when I want to cut. I've done the rubber band trick a million times and if you give it some time you'll probably find that you're self injuring less even if it's only a little less. I however took it a step further and started writing on the rubber band so I can look at it for a little boost of support. If you want to try simply find a rubber band wide enough to write on. Take a pen or a very fine point sharpie and write something that will help keep you from self injuring. Mine says Don't Cut and on the other side it says YOU DON'T NEED IT (in all caps to get my point across to myself) because generally my excuse has always been "But I feel like I need it" when in reality that's not true. So now if I get the urge to do I simply look at my wrist and read what I wrote and then snap away. It gives just enough feeling with no marks or scars to worry about. It sort of takes self injury down a notch. This doesn't cure you of it but it's a step in the right direction.



1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, and could easily be used for other problems such as addiction. If you think it would not be taken offensively, it would also be a nice and heartfelt gift to someone you love, as a sign of support.

    ReplyDelete