Saturday, October 27, 2012

Comfort Zones

This weekend is my brothers birthday so the two of us went to New Hampshire to visit my sister and brother in law. We went to dinner and out to the bars and it was a nice break from life. I ran into a problem with what to wear because my arms are the main issue with my self injury. I wanted to wear something with short sleeves but that would be stepping out of my comfort zone. I struggled with the decision for a while and settled on short sleeves. Why? Because I'm in the company of three people who love me and accept me. I wouldn't always make this choice but with people I trust I know I can be comfortable. Sometimes covering up is the better option but when you can catch a break savor the opportunity. We all need to step out of our comfort zones now and then even if its hard to do. Start with small things and work your way up to bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment