Saturday, March 2, 2013

New things


I apologize for being gone so long. School has taken over but I'm going to try to update this once a week from now on, maybe more if I get some time. So far this semester is incredibly busy but I have a new roommate who is amazing I love her to death, I'm taking classes that I actually like, and I sort of have a boyfriend who is incredible and supportive and he helps me celebrate the little achievements I make.

So first off I would like to possibly start a mini series of people's experiences so if you're interested please email me at egregorek729@aol.com I've tried to email some of you back and it hasn't worked so please try this account instead.

Now, since I got a new roommate I told her right away that I'm bipolar. She said it was fine and that she was there for me if I ever needed to talk. She knew a little about my self injury from what I shared and I thought she was okay with it because I told her that I did it safely and not to worry too much about it and she agreed. In the past week I've been going through a rather lengthy bipolar episode and my self injury went sky  high. It's been mood swings and cutting for days now. One day during the week I texted a friend on campus and asked him to come take away everything sharp from my room and of course immediately after I panicked and found other resources though I am getting rid of them today and trying hard not to go get more.

Classes are going well however I have a project that can be slightly triggering at times but I limit the work to day time usually for that reason. My topic is Youtube as a Community for Self Injuring Teenagers. So its obvious that this is hard for me. I'm not focusing on the positive or negative effects. Instead I'm focusing on the community that users have built for communicating to each other about self injury. So far it's tough but I'm sticking to it.

I'm happy to be back on here and please let me know if anyone would like to contribute to a mini series type of thing. All ages, genders, types of self injury (not just cutting), and if you're on here not as a self injurer but as a friend or family member of one you can also share your experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment