Monday, November 5, 2012

TWLOHA

I think most people have heard of this organization To Write Love On Her Arms created to spread awareness for self injury, mental illness, addiction, and suicide. Sometimes when I'm having a bad night I go on youtube and find the "story" that inspired TWLOHA narrated by founder Jamie. This organization was created to tell a story of a friend suffering from addiction and self injury. When a rehab center labeled her too great a risk at the time of admittance a group of friends held a 5 day detox for her in the safety of their arms. They took her to concerts, a basketball game, treated her like a princess. She went to rehab and to support her while she was there her friends made tee shirts and sold them at concerts. TWLOHA is now known all over the world and is supported by musicians and actors everywhere. They offer support and resources on their website and they speak at colleges and events worldwide. I find a sense of comfort when I read the blog they offer and when I watch the interviews they post. I highly recommend visiting their website or buying a tee shirt. This is the story that started it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment