Sunday, November 11, 2012

Relying on others

When we find people who we can easily talk to about our problems especially self injury it's easy to rely on them a little too much. Asking them for help and support is a great thing to do but be sure to step back and ask yourself if you're putting too much pressure on them. I've been the other person before and I know what it feels like to have a lot on your shoulders. Friends and family want to help you but try to work through the little things on your own and when things get tough ask for help. It's good practice to get you used to solving your problems on your own. Just remember to think of the other person and how much weight is on their shoulders, you don't want them to be stressed or to worry about you. I'm in this situation at the moment with a couple friends and I realized what I was doing and I stopped myself and worked through my issue on my own. Don't be afraid to ask for support that's one of my big rules, if you need someone then go for it. But if it's something you think you can work out on your own then give it a shot, its worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment